HollyBusby

Fashion Style Guide

My first fashion blog

FASHION TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS

A transition from summers to monsoon calls for a change of wardrobe, and the way you style yourself. The monsoon spell plays on lively and vibrant colours, that make you look super stylish yet comfortable in this rainy season. We spoke to our fashion experts to share their best tips that will pump up your style quotient without much efforts.

Shivalika Sharma, grooming expert, Miss India Organization, says,"Monsoon is the best time to put your jeans back into the cupboard, as you don't wish to look drenched. This is a time to invest in shorts. But, if you are not comfortable with shorts, then go for something that is four inches above the knee, like a divided skirt, which looks chic. At the same time make sure that it suits your body type.

Also make sure, of what you wear on top. Monsoon is a great time to wear tops that are loose fitted, like crop tops, tank tops. Mix and match with colours, if you are wearing a pop coloured top, go for something in neutral for your bottom wear."

22630_10153025751313375_431079977735569143_nPicture: Semi Formal Dresses

To raise your glamour quotient further Shivalika says,"Carry an umbrella, there is a variety available in the market, like the victorian umbrellas, save the dark coloured ones for the summers, pick light ones in different prints for the monsoons. Also, add a tote bag, to your must haves this season, avoid leather handbags.

Also, this is a season to try out hair styles like messy braids, messy buns, pair them with fun hair accessories, but at the same time nourish your hair well in this season.

Footwear, is an essential part of your look. Shivalika advises to go in for strappy shoes or wedges, which look glamorous and yet are comfortable to be worn in the monsoon season. She says,"It is vital that we choose our footwear wisely and most importantly, let our skin breath and keep our feet happy."

Another beauty queen and fashion expert, Shamita Singha, Miss India Earth 2001, says,"For a day look, keep your make-up to a minimal fresh look. Brush some dry compact as a foundation, a small spot of blush on the cheeks, light mascara and apply lip balm or a light coloured gloss.

Since humidity levels are high, keep some lose powder or a dry powder compact handy to dab your face constantly. Keep your lips moisturized at all times." As for an evening look, Shamita says,"You can go in for a heavy mascara and add some color to your lips. But always remember less is more."