HollyBusby

Fashion Style Guide

My first fashion blog

EUR on the Front Row for GROOM Fashion Show Launch

GROOM is the custom tuxedo line by celebrity fashion designer Octavius Marsion and celebrity choreographer/director Jamal Sims. Their tuxedos first gained worldwide attention in the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis video featuring Madonna “Same Love.”

Groom Custom Tuxedo launched their exclusive show at the Pasadena Ambassador Mansion & Gardens (11-15-15). Groom’s line is a contemporary and sophisticated custom take on tuxedo’s.

GROOM ​is providing a collection of men’s original tuxedos and suits, original customer-consulted tuxedos and suits, dress shoes, custom neckwear, and appropriate accessories.​ ​The quality will rival that of Tom Ford, D&G, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Dior, with supple pricing comparable to brands like Zara and TopMen.

Electronic Urban Report/EUR associate Herica Thompson was on the scene with guests like Shanice from OWN’s “Flex & Shanice” and Milan from VH1’s “Love & Hip Hop LA” who enjoyed the lavish show featuring, live DJ’s, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.

groom - 3 (shanice1)

photo: GraziaDressAU

EUR: How important is fashion to your career?

SHANICE: It is super important. If I listen to a song or if a song doesn’t grab me right away but I see a video and what their wearing is fly. I like the video. Fashion is important. It makes you feel good when you look good.

MILAN: It absolutely is important. I’m working on some dope visuals for my upcoming video.

EUR: What brings you to GROOM fashion show?

SHANICE: I’m friends with the designers. Jamal Sims is my choreographer. One of my best videos I’ve ever shot was “When I Close My Eyes.” Jamal did that choreography. I’m super excited for my friends. It’s gonna be hot because they have amazing taste.

EUR: What are you currently working on?

image: http://c14.zedo.com/jsc/images/zplayer/inarticle-Close-Btn.png

MILAN: I have a new single called “When I Go” that’s doing amazing on the charts. My new album “Final Fantasy” comes out in January. Everything is going pretty good.

SHANICE: We just finished our second season of the show Flex & Shanice. We’re waiting to shoot our 3rd season. I’m still working on the song I started with Ne-Yo. I have a lot more in store.

EUR: How has being on Love & Hip Hop changed your life?

MILAN: The show gave me a platform and relevancy. So I appreciate it.

EUR: Is there anything you’ve learned about yourself from watching it back?

MILAN: That I look fat on TV. I look much bigger and huskier than I am in person.

EUR: What’s the status of you & Miles’ relationship?

MILAN: There is absolutely no friendship with me and Miles. We are definitely not together. I know being on the show broke us up. However, I am dating someone else right now and eventually everyone will find out pretty soon.