Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Digital Strategist to join its thriving beauty division.
Based in SoHo, New York, Purple represents a number of fantastic beauty brands; including, Wexler Dermatology, James Read, ODIN Fragrances, Too Cool For School, Lano, Natura Bissé, RMS Beauty, Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa, Blo Blow Dry Bars, Nicole Winhoffer, Eyeko, special projects for Maybelline, and several exciting, new client wins to be announced soon in May 2016.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum 1-2 years of experience in the online beauty marketing & communications industry, be results driven and have a proven track record in successfully implementing a digital strategy, while also demonstrating a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas.
The right candidate will hard-working and proactive, and will have a proven track record in social media strategy across community management, content creation, promotions and online blogger/influencer campaigns. They will also be an articulate presenter, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social media community management, content creation, social media promotions, partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach initiatives, and analytics
Support account leads and help develop and manage initiatives in the digital space, including: strategy, planning & implementation of press launches, collaborations and events
Monitor and benchmark social media activities of other competing brands
Identify and track emerging trends, initiatives, and vendors in the digital space and develop relevant client applications
Develop social media content to be deployed across brand-owned social media communities
Analyze outcomes and create reports summarizing results
- Established, industry contacts with digital influencers and bloggers across the beauty, lifestyle and fashion sectors
- Manage interns; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Liaise with London team on mutual clients when necessary
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
Assist in driving, organizing and executing digital PR programs in North America & Global projects
Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – PowerPoint and Photoshop experience preferred
- Understands both niche and corporate brands
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests